Aspects to keep in mind before applying to an exchange programcambio
Keep in mind that:
You can study up to two regular semesters and three summer sessions on exchange programs.
• In order to transfer your credits, you must be enrolled at ITESO as an exchange student, and you must have completed all the required paperwork through ITESO's Academic Exchange Office.
• If you decide to take pre-requisite or consecutive courses during your time abroad, keep in mind that after your return you cannot take the subsequent courses until ITESO receives your grades from the foreign university (which can take time).
• For the time when you will be studying abroad you must not sign up for courses using the regular course ENROLLMENT system; follow the procedure indicated by the Academic Exchange Office.
• There is a deadline set by the Academic Exchange Office that students must respect when signing up for courses authorized by the coordinator for revalidation by the ITESO Registrar's Office.
• You are responsible for enrolling in your courses at ITESO for the semester immediately following your term abroad.
• The application procedures for exchange programs must be started one semester in advance.
• When applying for an exchange program, you must already have the results of the TOEFL, or the language certificate requested by the foreign university. For spring exchange programs, applications are received in August, and for fall programs, they are received in January. Some programs and/or universities have special deadlines, which will be published on the Academic Exchange Office's website.
• If at any time you decide to cancel your academic exchange, you must fill out this: Formato cancelación (cancellation form) and submit it to the Academic Exchange Office. Canceling an academic exchange involves consequences.